If you wish to help with the development of Bluezero then the recommended way of installing for edit is as follows:
Use of a Python Virtual environment is good practice when developing with Python. Because some of the dependencies for Bluezero are installed system-wide with apt, then it is necessary to use the –system-site-packages option when creating the virtual environment so those packages can be found.
- Check tests are passing (run_local_tests.sh)
- Update version info (see Update Version Info)
- Build and publish PyPI package (see Build PyPI package)
- Check PyPI page for obvious errors
git tagwith version number
- Check read the docs page
Update Version Info¶
Use bumpversion package to update all references at once. This library tries to use Semantic Versioning
Semantic version uses three numbers that represent
The bumpversion command allows you to choose which to update. In the following example the version is being updated for a patch.
Build PyPI package¶
Update version information in setup.py.
To upload to PyPI:
Test Build of Documentation¶
Do a test build of the documentation and then a visual inspection. To do a local build of the documentation:
- readthedocs gets update from GitHub
- readthedocs versions are based on GitHub version tags